BBC Radio 1 Academy: Morning Session at 53 Degrees
Tuesday 18th September
- Venue/Location: 53 Degrees, Preston
- Doors: 10:30 till 15:00 (Last entry: 11:00)
- Min Age: 16
Radio 1 Academy ft. live performance from The Amazons, also Camilla Thurlow, DJ Greg James, Suli Breaks and loads more - Tuesday 18th September 2018
This event occurred in September 2018. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
View more events.
Who's Going to This?
Lineup and Details for BBC Radio 1 Academy: Morning Session
Interested in a career in media? The BBC Radio 1 Academy is coming to Preston with a host of celebrities and experts offering insight and advice about working in the industry. Guests include Radio 1 breakfast show’s Greg James, Love Island’s Camilla Thurlow, there’ll be exclusive performances from The Amazons and Suli Breaks. You’ll also be able to chat with MTV, Vice, Buzzfeed and loads more. Lunch is provided.
TUESDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2018
Tickets are FREE! Choose from either the AM session 11:00 – 15:00 or the PM session 16:00 – 19:30 OR get tickets for both!
The event will be held at UCLAN and everyone is welcome.
Morning Session - 11:00 – 15:00
SPOKEN WORD PERFORMANCE
The incredible spoken word poet, Suli Breaks, kick off the day with an exclusive performance
KEYNOTE SPEAKER AND CELEBRITY Q&A
Meet top celebrity agency owner, Andy Varley, and a host of TV talent
Andy Varley set up his ‘Insanity Group’ talent agency at 17 in his bedroom – now, any celeb, DJ or influencer you’re into are probably signed to Insanity! Andy will share how he made it happen and offer advice on how to become a success in the industry. He’ll then join a panel of celebrities to talk about their route into TV and the changing face of talent in the industry.
special guests to be announced shortly
MEET THE TEAM – TV
Meet the team behind one the UK’s most loved long-running TV series, from on-screen cast to behind the scenes.
Production staff and talent from ever popular north west soap Hollyoaks will give you an insight into what it takes to work on a successful show that has stood the test of time!
MEET THE RADIO 1 BREAKFAST SHOW TEAM
The brand new Radio 1 Breakfast show team in conversation
Radio 1 DJ Greg James is joined by his Breakfast Show team. They’ll talk about how they started their careers in radio and what it takes to make a live show every day. There’ll also be a Q&A session where you can put your burning questions to Greg and the gang.
A chance to network with industry experts
Terms and Conditions
Tickets are issued by Skiddle.com on behalf of the BBC. Use of the ticket and attendance at Radio 1’s Academy are subject to these terms and conditions and your use of a ticket or attendance at Radio 1’s Academy signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions.
1. Entry to this event is at the BBC’s sole discretion and the BBC reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please be aware that the BBC may issue more tickets than there are available spaces as not everyone who requests a ticket will always go on to use that ticket, and we want to ensure that all available spaces will be filled.
2. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
3. By entering this event you agree to follow the reasonable directions of the BBC particularly in respect of health and safety matters.
4. By entering this event you are a) giving your consent to be filmed and photographed by the BBC and agreement to be included within any resulting film, photograph and/or audio recording; and b)assigning all your rights in any contribution to the BBC for use in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world.
5. Attendance at Radio 1's Academy is restricted to those who are 16 on or before August 31st 2018. Anyone younger than this will not be admitted. Tickets will be named, and ID and proof of age may be requested on entry.
6. Registration is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only. Other overseas entries will not be considered.
7. Re-admission to the event is permitted. Those returning to the event will have to go through the security procedures again.
8. Each ticket is for a specific session ONLY. If on the day you wish to sign up to another session you must go to the booking desk to see if space is available.
9. The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost tickets. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
10. The following articles are not permitted within the venue – flags, chairs, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, poles and articles that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.
11. Tickets may not be sold, traded or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation other than the BBC. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue.
12. The entire event site is non-smoking. Anyone who does not comply with this non-smoking policy will be ejected.
13. No animals, with the exception of guide dogs and assistance dogs are permitted into the event.
14. The BBC shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense howsoever caused, except in the case of death or personal injury where this is directly caused by a negligent act or omission of the BBC.
15. The BBC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments to these terms and conditions will be displayed at the entrance to the event.
16. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any registration being lost, not properly registered or e-tickets not arriving.
17. The BBC reserves the right to:(i) cancel, amend or change the event (including the line-up and activities) at any stage; (ii) refuse entry to the event, at any stage, should any ticket holder or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behavior (including, but not limited to, being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance)
19. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the BBC will not be liable for the payment of any compensation.
20. The organisers will use their right to search all persons and personal property via the use of bag searches and security checks and refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf.
21. Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited. Zoom lens, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted into the venue.
22. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Phone: 01772 893000
The event information, content and images shown have been provided by the event promoter. If you wish to report an issue with this event please click here: Report issue with event